This is a very easy, healthy and vegan recipe from the Thessaly region of Greece. Greeks usually combine a variety of greens with the courgettes, but outside of Greece it may not be possible to have those greens in hand.
It's very important to use plenty of extra virgin olive oil because the sauce resulting from the herbs amd the garlic is great, especially if you deep some bread in it.
1 kg courgettes
1 cup fresh parsley
4-5 garlic cloves
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1) Slice the garlic cloves in half
2) Finely chop the fresh parsley.
3) Cut the courgettes in pieces 2-3 inches thick
4) Place the olive oil, garlic, parsley and courgettes in a pan.
5) Add the salt, pepper, oregano and add some water to cover the courgettes half way up.
6) Cover, bring to boil and simmer under low heat until all the water has been absorbed.
7) Serve on a plate and squeeze plenty of lemon over the courgettes
8) This dish can be eaten warm, as well as cold. Enjoy!!